Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finishing the Characters!

This weekend for my school district was a 4 day weekend. We had off on Friday for Superintendent's Conference Day, and Monday for Columbus Day. It was also homecoming weekend, so I was very busy with homecoming activities. During the the week (October 3-9) I finished up the last 3 characters.

The first character I made was Gomez. Gomez is the husband of Morticia and the father of Wednesday. Pugsley and Pubert. he wears a pinstripe suit and has black hair and a mustache. I started by making his suit. I cut out the fabric and wrapped it around his body and cut out a triangle on the area that would go on his chest. I glued the fabric on and made a tie out of black fabric. Then I wrapped his legs and wire arms in the pinstripe fabric. I painted his shoes and hair black and his face and hands flesh colored. Once the head was dry I painted on his pace with a toothpick and a sharpie. I attached all the parts and he was done!


Gomez's Body
 Next character was Grandmama. I looked at the picture of her from the Tv show and didn't think it would transfer to a clay character well. So I went to Charles Addams' cartoons. I thought his Grandmama was ugly (shown below). So I was on my own. I used the cartoons for her basic body clothes and shape. I used a purple clear spider web fabric for her shall and black underneath. After the head was dry I began making her face, I made her eyes small black dots with white dots, which made her look cute. Then I made her smile right underneath her nose. She looked perfect! Then I found the perfect frizzy white yarn in my box and I glued it to her head and she was done!


The Ugly Grandmama


My Grandmama (before her arms were added)
 Finally, the last character was Lurch. I used black fabirc for his suit and did the same steps as Gomez. In the movies, Lurch is a pale greenish color, so I mixed the flesh paint, light green, and gray together and painted his head and hands. Once his head was dry, I painted on his face. Lurch was very difficult to recreate. I did not get the face quite right. It was ok though. Then I added his hair, which was gray and black string. I attached all of his body parts and Lurch was done.


Lurch's Body and Head

The characters were done! All I had left was sets and props.

2 more posts are left in this blog! One will be about the sets and props, and the other will be about shooting.

The posts will be up this week and the video premieres on Saturday October 16th!

No comments:

Post a Comment