Friday, October 8, 2010

Wednesday on a Friday?

Last Friday I made Wednesday Addams (Morticia and gGomez's daughter). Even though her name is Wednesday, i made her on a Friday, buts that's okay because her full name is Wednesday Friday Addams. LOL! She is a fairly simple character and I started her off by painting her hands and face skin colored and her legs and shoes black. I wanted her to look cute, so I didn't want to paint her face like a realistic human face, I wanted her to look more like the Charles Addams cartoons. That is exactly what I did. I made her have small black eyes thin black hair. She wears a back dress and I simply just used black fabric and put buttons on with white paint and a toothpick. Then I attached her arms and Wednesday was done!
Wednesday in Painting Stages



Next I made Thing. This was the easiest of all the characters because Thing is just a disembodied hand! I just painted the clay hand skin colored and glued him a a base and he was done!

Next was Pubert. In the 2nd post it explains that Pubert was the baby of Morticia in the 1993 Addams Family Values movie. He was also a simple character, I painted his body gray because that is the color of his baby clothes and his head and hands skin colored! After it was dry, I painted on his face, mustache and hair. Then I took a sharpie and made the buttons and spider on his clothes. Pubert was done!



The last character I will talk about today is Puglsey. Puglsey is the son of Morticia and Gomez and the brother of Wednesday. He is fat and always wears a white and black striped shirt. I wanted to make him look cute like Wednesday, so I used Charles Addams' cartoons to model him. But I don't like Charles Addams' hair on Puglsey. So I used the hair from the show. My dad and I could not find any black and white striped fabric with small enough stripes to work for Pugsley, so i got white and used a sharpie to stripe it.He was done!

Pugsley's body.


That is basically all I will say today! I uploaded the Trailer on to youtube yesterday where you can see some of the characters that I have made!

Characters left to do: Gomez, Lurch, Grandmama.

No comments:

Post a Comment