Friday, October 15, 2010

Sets and Props!

Now that all the characters are done, I can start the sets! Usually, I do the sets and then the characters, but I was so anxious to start the characters, I switched it around. There are 4 sets in the video.
  1. The Addams Mansion from the outside (Opening of the TV Show)
  2. The inside (Count Von Count's Set from Sesame Street)
  3. A Grand Staircase in the Housed
  4. The Graveyard
I started with the first set, the mansion. For the Sets I bought Light Gray, Dark Gray and black paper. I used a light gray piece for the sky. I took a fan paint brush and lightly painted dark gray areas on the Light Gray paper. Then I started drawing the mansion on the dark gray paper with a pencil and a ruler. Once I was done drawing and checked it over, I traced it in sharpie. The house took me about 45 minutes to make. Then I glued the house on the background and added 2 black scary trees.

The next set was the Grand Staircase. I used a dark gray background and light gray paper for the stairs. The set was a darker replica of my Beauty and the Beast set from Disney Extravaganza (May 2010). **This is not the first time I have made a replica of one of my sets. In Hercules, one of Hades' sets is a Forrest with black trees and a path. This was set up the same way as Pocahontas's Autumn set in Disney Extravaganza** I cut out the stairs and glued them onto the set. Then I used the same fabric for the curtains as I used on Grandmama. Then I used the spiderweb fabric I used on Morticia as the scarps on top of the stairs. This gave it a spooky effect.

The last set I made was the Graveyard. I made a bunch of hills with a sharpie and drew some trees. Then I cut out gray tombstones for the graveyard.

**** HIDDEN ITEMS: The tombstones have the actual names of the actors/actresses who played the characters on the TV show. I only put the ones who are dead though. The Man who played Gomez (John Astin), Cousin Itt (Felix Silla), Wednesday (Lisa Loring) and Pugsley (Ken Weatherwax) are still alive. But the rest have passed away, so I put their name, birth year and death year on each tombstone. One person, however was a joke. Debbie Jellinsky (played by Joan Cusak) and is a psycho black widow in the Addams Family Values. She marries men and then kills them for there money and repeats the process. In the movie, she marries Fester and because he is an Addams, no matter how many times she tries to "accidentally" kill him, he never dies. Her plans end up backfiring and she ends up being electrocuted. 

I bought a wooden tree at Joann's and painted it black. I also bought a small tombstone to put on the floor of the set. It looked very good all together!

So all the sets were done. Now props. There were not many props for this video. I made Morticia some roses she could snip the heads off, a lightbulb for Fester, a cauldron for Grandmama, and a a few other Halloween things. That was it! I was ready to film the movie!

The next post will be here tomorrow! The video will be out on YouTube tomorrow as well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment